Tuesday, December 23, 2014

My Life: A Hallmark Movie?

With the timing of my move home, I can't shake the feeling that I've seen a Hallmark holiday movie with some parallels. A man hits hard times and moves to his hometown  just before Christmas. He reunites with old friends or has some breakthrough of self discovery. Maybe you've seen a story like this too. 

While I cannot predict what may happen in the coming year, I can't help but face it with optimistic expectation that something good will come, and not just because it always does in the Hallmark movies. I have eager hope because of the gospel. I have hope because of Christmas and the incarnation. Because God became an infant human child, I have hope. A light has shown in the darkness! I must trust that God is good and is working my life together for my good and His glory. I may not necessarily see the physical blessings I hope for this year, but I wait with an eager hope that I will know Jesus better in the coming year whether it be through tangible blessing or identifying with his suffering. 

No comments: