Friday, December 19, 2014

I'm a Free Agent

I hereby declare that I am a free agent. In sports this term refers to an athlete who's contract has expired with a team and is available for negotiations with other teams. I have no contract to expire, but I want to take a different approach in my employment negotiations. Typically I've approached employers with the attitude that I'm powerless and my only option is to take what they are willing to give--but I think I can do better. I graduated magna cum laude with my BA. I have two masters degrees and some post graduate study. I have a strong work ethic. I'm dependable, teachable, and a quick learner. I think I'm worth more than barely above minimum wage, and at the mercy of my employer for the few hours I can get! So if there is anyone reading this out there who is looking to hire and think they can make me an offer good enough that I can put food on my table, please message me. I'll make it worth your while if you make it worth mine.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jerad,
By God's providence, Google sent me an unexpected and unsolicited update on your situation. I haven't looked at your blog in a long time. Yet they sent me and e-mail saying, "Bernie, here's what you missed from Jerad File on Google+." I imagine I'm not the only one whom God has providentially "updated." This is no accident. I'm sure Google could care less about your situation or God's care for you. Yet they are an unwitting tool in his hand. I'm also sure you are handling the discouragement better than I would or have.