Thursday, December 13, 2007

The Homeless and Me

After I return from traveling for the Christmas holidays I will begin a new job. It's different from anything I've ever done before. I will be working for a homeless shelter.

Union Gospel Mission is the oldest Christian homeless shelter in Fort Worth. It has been open since 1888. They are supported by several churches and other organizations, and they do not receive any federal funds.

I will be working as a night monitor for the facilities beginning January 7. I'm looking forward to the new job. It will be a real change. I anticipate that it will be an eye opening experience and very rewarding. I will be working in a more tangibly ministry oriented job, and I will be heeding the voice of my savior who said that he would welcome those into heaven who fed him when he was hungry and gave him drink when he was thirsty.

No comments: